Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Kikatsu

I have a little shipment of the most delicate glassware from Japan. The series is called Kikatsu and the glass is whisper-thin, mouth-blown and then hand-etched with delicate patterns. Each glass can take the artisan hours to do. I have a tumbler, old-fashioned, and short stem in different patterns. I am waiting for the light to be just right to photograph them properly, and then they'll go up on the Rare Picks site also.

I have more Kriya Davis jewelry also, and sold a pair of earrings as I was unpacking the box! Her work is delicate brushed silver, pierced with simple patterns.

And, the Beehouse teapot order is in. After filling backorders I am down to just one of the celadon Kyoto teapots that design*sponge featured (already!) but I also have a few in a new color which is a dusky and ashen purple. I also chose a new shape called "Saturn" which is petite and adorable. I'll bring the camera tomorrow and shoot those too!

Books I got at the library - it's been a long time since I've read fiction and not tax strategy books or retail merchandising textbooks: ex-coworker Craig's latest Dermaphoria, Brooklynite Colson Whitehead's Apex Hides the Hurt, Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson, Old Twentieth by Joe Haldeman and two others - I can't even remember the two others now, how embarassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home