Monday, August 14, 2006

Travel

I never really commented on what we found in Berlin last week so here is the fifty-cent tour. Most of this was seen through a haze of nasal decongestant (provided by throughtful pharmacists under a neon green cross) as I seemed to be very allergic to the city, but...highlights included a macchiato that was only one euro, really good breakfast at the Hotel Ku'damm 101, lovely clothing line Talking Means Trouble, wacky indie goods at a shop called Eastberlin, a great design/etc bookshop called Pro QM, and lots of paper goods for sale. The Germans do like their stationery.

Day one (for me) of the gift show is over and my feet hurt! I did pick up some new porcelain from Germany and glassware from Japan. More on that later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home