Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunshine

It's hard to believe it is almost December when people are running around in shorts and t-shirts in Brooklyn! It put me in an awfully good mood today so we had an impromptu 20% off sale on all clothing and books, and it went over very well, so I think we'll just keep on with the discount until I change my mind, or the weather becomes inclement, or both. If you have been hesitant to come out to the Slope, we hope that will help make it worth your while.

Thanks all for being so patient as we wait for this from Italy, that from Sweden, this other from France to be restocked. I am being a nervous mother hen (who knows how to e-mail) herding her chicks, or packages...I am mixing too many metaphors now so I think I will stop.

We are going to add a handbag designer who is getting very nice coverage and reviews lately - Hayden-Harnett, a little company that operates out of Brooklyn, somewhere between the shop and my house. They are expanding to apparel and rather luscious belts for the spring but we are going to try and stay focused on the bags for right now. Expect to see their trademark frame bag, big squishy hobos and maybe a very nice, aspirational satchel (with crossbody strap, natch) quite soon, plus some of their coin purses, wallets and other little goodies. I think they will fit in well with the mix - beautiful colored leather, sweet printed linings and functional pockets inside, not too much hardware, and just the right size.

I have been lagging a bit about putting things up in the webshop, but the wrists are a bit achy. I promise I'll get some new stuff up soon, including the last couple Lithuanian tea bowls that are one of kind pieces. Why not? They'll be beautiful gifts for someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home