Monday, February 06, 2006

Bookworm

It's no secret that I love books so here are some images from an exhibit that is just amazing: http://storms.typepad.com/booklust/2006/01/lost_in_books.html

I have many many titles at the store right now. I am searching for the right way to display them, it is more challenging than you think, but sometimes a book just jumps out at the right person and that is that. I buy limited quantities so I don't feel right in displaying them on the site for people to buy (and then there is Amazon, but that's another story) but do check out these titles, and if you want it, let me know. Or, just come down and browse these beautiful books.

Andrea Zittel: Critical Space (she is super-hot right now, and is at the New Museum in Chelsea through May)
Writing: Urban Calligraphy and Beyond (grafitti at the next level)
American Alphabets (gorgeous photos, I talked about this one before)
Type One (we love our typography!)
Berlin Street Art (self explanatory - inspirational book of photos)
The Comics Journal Library: The Writers (interviews with comics creators)
Poor Sailor (small comics story based on Guy de Maupassant's short story "At Sea")
...and there are more

Also: don't miss our sale this Saturday and Sunday but also don't miss the Brooklyn Designcollective V-Day Sale at the Old Stone House on Saturday. I am going to try and sneak out and drop by, there will be many independent designers of all kinds of goods, should be a great sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home